THG Exclusive: Ashley Dupre on Playboy Photos, Being a Call Girl, Love, Jersey Shore & More

Two years ago, Ashley Dupre - or "Kristen" as she was known to Eliot Spitzer - became embroiled in one of the biggest sex scandals ever, as the Governor of New York State was snared in a prostitution sting. He was Ashley's client.

After removing herself from the spotlight, she's back in a big way next month as Playboy's cover girl for May. Suffice it to say, she looks amazing.

Below, in an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Gossip, Ashley Dupre tells us:

  • Why she took part in the world's oldest profession
  • Why she chose to bare all for the men's magazine
  • What she looks for in a man, and much more ...

THG: Did you ever struggle with or question the morality of your past profession?

Ashley Dupre: I was young, I was stupid, and I’ve made a lot of mistakes. Going back to the profession after being out for 11 months (before I got caught) was the hardest thing that I’d ever had to do up until that point.

Ashley Dupre Playboy Cover

I was in a relationship during those 11 months, which helped me learn self worth and self respect. I had dreams and goals and I was living a normal life during that time. When the man I was dating left me after 11 months, he left me with debt and responsibilities above my means. In order for me to be able to pay off my debt and move out of my apt I had to go back to work for a little bit.

At that moment, I felt like I had too much self respect to return to that line of work, so it was hard for me to go back. I felt like I was above that. But I had to. So I did. Do I feel bad about what I was doing? In a way, yes – I do take some responsibility. But at the end of the day, I was just doing my job.

THG: Without naming names, did you have any other famous clients besides #9?

Ashley Dupre: Maybe, maybe not. I do not kiss and tell.

THG: Why did you decide to pose nude for Playboy now, having turned down similar offers in the past?

Ashley Dupre: Playboy has been the number one men’s monthly magazine subscription for more than 55 years. Cindy Crawford, Brooke Burke, Pamela Anderson and Marilyn Monroe all graced the cover of Playboy, and I am honored to be next to [them].

My sex was being bought and sold, but in a different way through the media - half naked pictures of me were circling for a long time. Posing in Playboy was a way for me to reclaim my sexuality and take control of my image. This is the first time that I have had photo approval over any photos that are being released.

This is the first time that there are photos out there of me that were released with my permission. These photos are beautiful and I am so happy and proud to be affiliated with Playboy and to be part of the Playboy family!

THG: What was the most absurd piece of celebrity gossip written about you.

Ashley Dupre: Wow! Um, just ONE? Lol! That’s hard. There were a lot more than one! I can’t even remember. I have selective memory!

THG: Joe Francis: What a sleaze, are we right?

Ashley Dupre: Ummm, yes, I would have to agree with you.

THG: Are you still doing music at all?

Ashley Dupre: I am still working on my music. I’m also very realistic about where I’ve been and what I’ve gone through. I know that some people won’t take me seriously, so I need to show them who I am (rather than who they think I am) in order for them to take me seriously and give my music a chance. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it’s been 2two years and I haven’t given up yet, so I doubt I will any time soon! I’m really committed to working hard on my music career and I hope things turn out well!

You can listen to my newest singles

THG: Would you consider doing a reality dating show, a la A Shot at Love?

Ashley Dupre: LOL! I’m not sure, but I can tell you this much - I would not be making out on national television!

THG: Take us through a typical day for you.

Ashley Dupre: Well, I’m in LA now for a few months. It’s a nice change from New York! I just flew my dog Brooklyn back to LA with me, so, on a typical day, I wake up and walk him. Here’s what I do after that: have breakfast while I work on StilettoSuicide.com (my new blog), work on my New York Post advice column, catch up on emails, respond to my Twitter-bugs, go to the gym, jump on conference calls and take meetings/lunch meetings for some of the projects I’m working on, come home and walk Brooklyn, go to yoga, more conference calls, feed Brooklyn, have dinner with my friends, walk Brooklyn, and go to bed.

Sort of Nude

The one thing I do love about LA (among other things of course!) are the house parties and BBQs. We don’t really have that in NYC!

THG: What kinds of things do you look for in a man?

Ashley Dupre: I look for someone who thinks that all of my imperfections make me perfect, and someone who makes me overall a better woman.

THG: You're a Garden State native. Which Jersey Shore cast member is hottest?

Ashley Dupre: LOL! Where I grew up, it’s nothing like the Jersey Shore on the show ... the show totally gives Jersey a bad name! When I tell people that I’m from the Jersey Shore I find myself following it up with, “But it’s nothing like that show.” I must admit that watching the show is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I honestly haven’t watched it enough to know the character’s names. So, I’m not sure who is the hottest!

THG: Are you seeing anyone?

Ashley Dupre: Next question. :)

THG: Where do you see yourself in five years?

Ashley Dupre: Married. Maybe starting to think about having children. I know that what will bring me true happiness, and what will complete me as a woman is going to be my future husband and our family. I didn’t really have a great childhood or a really close family, so that is something that I crave. As far as work – I would love to see my New York Post advice column grow and I would love to see StilettoSuicide.com grow. I would love to help young girls who may be heading down a similar path as me and help parents communicate with their children. I would love to be known for anything other than what happened to me in 2008. I know I will never be able to erase what happened, but I hope to be able to show people who I am rather than who they think I am. I hope that I can work hard enough to ensure that my mistakes will not be what defines me.