Jesse James mistress apologizes to Sandra Bullock

Michelle "Bombshell" McGee apologized to Sandra Bullock, but insisted she's as much a victim of Jesse James' deception as the Oscar winner.

Michelle Bombshell McGee

"Sandra, I'm sorry for your embarrassment," McGee said during an interview with Aussie TV show Today Tonight. "I'm sorry all this is public. It is a heartfelt apology."

"I know what she's going through. She must be hurt, devastated, upset, embarrassed. I do feel really bad about it," McGee added.

The model and mom did the recent interview to tell her side of the story and "clear the air."

As McGee told it, she and James met when she contacted him via MySpace for work. Things quickly escalated to personal emails and then text messaging. Instead of landing a spot on West Coast Choppers episode, however, she landed a make-out session on the couch about a week later.

"We were intimate that night, probably two to three times," she revealed.

The pair hooked up for about 11 months, always at West Coast Choppers. For a few months, they even saw each other a few times a week. McGee said the romance fizzled when James went to Europe for work. Yet, she reported James was still shooting her texts as recently as March.

"I was not in love," she shared. "I cared about him, as a friend. My feelings were growing. He's cute. He's a very charming man."

A Bombshell duped?

However charming he may have seemed, however, McGee insists the cheating was all James' doing. She said James told her that with Bullock living in Austin, the couple was heading for a divorce.

"I feel like I was duped just as much as Sandra was," she admited. "I felt like I was lied to just as much as she was. If Jesse was upfront with me in the beginning, we wouldn't be in this situation. I wouldn't have been with him."

While she still feels guilty about being the other woman, McGee added that she's glad she spoke out after seeing Bullock and James together at the Oscars.

"I feel better that she knows the truth about him," she explained. "At the Oscars, I was really sad for her. When she said: This man really has my back. I'm like: No, he doesn't have your back. He's doing it behind your back. It's just kind of gross."

Having watched the Tiger Woods scandal unfold, McGee was ready for a press frenzy and said she wasn’t even surprised to learn there were more girls. She didn't, however, expect the backlash to hit her so hard.

Being called a home wrecker hasn't been the half of it.

"My reputation's been tarnished," she said. "Especially with the Nazi, white supremacist stuff. It's very hurtful to hear those over a silly photo shoot. I regret -- in hindsight, I shouldn't have done that photo shoot."

McGee is intent on redeeming her reputation and this interview seems to be her first step. The model says she will continue focusing on her career and her website, while also doing her best to continue being a good mom.