Chris Brown Reacts to Rihanna 20/20 interview

Chris Brown has heard what Rihanna has to say about the beating he savagely administered in February – and he wishes she had just kept quiet about it.

Brown supports her right to tell her side of the story, but at the same time is not pleased with Rihanna's interview on Good Morning America and 20/20.

Chris said in a statement to MTV:

"I am extremely sorry for what I did, and accept accountability for my actions. At this point, I am taking the proper steps to grow from my mistakes."

"I only hope that others in similar situations can learn from our experience as well. Abuse of any kind is always wrong. The rest I leave it up to God."

"I maintain my position that all the details should remain a private matter between us," he added. "I do appreciate her support and wish her the best."

Chris Brown Shirtless (Almost)

While not denying or hiding from the assault that left his girlfriend battered and bruised, Chris Brown nevertheless wishes the details would remain private.

In a 20/20 interview Friday, Rihanna offered a graphic account of the February 7 fight with her then-boyfriend Brown, describing what she calls the terrifying blankness, a soulless void that seemed to come over him as he assaulted her.

"He was clearly blacked-out," she says. "There was no person when I looked at him."

Brown, who like Rihanna is releasing a new album in the near future (Graffiti drops December 8) declined to respond to his ex's specific comments.