Lauren Conrad: Seventeen Cover Girl

The lovely Lauren Conrad, former reality star and current designer and author, is featured in next month’s issue of Seventeen. Needless to say, she looks terrific.

As LC said on Good Morning America this week, when asked about Heidi Montag and her recent plastic surgery, she won't be going under the knife anytime soon.

She's a natural beauty and a good role model for teens in that respect. Below are some excerpts from LC's interview with Seventeen, along with a bunch of pics:

On getting cut off: "Seventeen was a happy time for me, but 18 was hard. At 18 I was cut off financially! People think I've had it easy, but I haven't as much as you think ... When I went to college, I wasn't going to class in Louis Vuitton."

"There were times when my bank account was zero. I was financially independent, but I wasn't exactly living a lavish life. My dad was really adamant about that. He would say 'You're going to go to college and live it like everyone else.'"

Lauren Conrad 17 Cover

On self-confidence: "There's always someone telling you your nose is too big or too small, or you're too fat or too thin. There's always going to be someone who doesn't approve of something about you. You're the only person you need to please."

On cheating: "I never really understood cheating because I've never cheated on anyone. I feel like if you are in a relationship with someone, and you want to be with other people, then you shouldn't be in a relationship - it's that simple!"

On her books' protagonist: "Jane is the main character [of Sweet Little Lies] and most like me. But also when I was more sarcastic and against [being on] the The Hills, I was able to illustrate that through Scarlett, her best friend."

On The Hills: "You set out to do a show based on your life, but you end up living a life based on your show. Everything you do has to be cleared - where you work, everyone who comes to your birthday, people you date, what clothes you wear."

"I actually had to get the paint color for my apartment approved by the director of photography. It was things like that that I really don't miss."

Click to enlarge more Lauren Conrad pictures from Seventeen:

Classic CutieSeventeen GirlCurly and PrettySmiling ConradNice to see LC17 Gal