Selena Gomez: Seventeen Cover Girl, Interview Subject

Adorable alert: Selena Gomez is the cover subject of the latest Seventeen magazine.

The cute actress poses for a series of photos inside the special prom issue, while also opening up about a number of issues in her life. What has she learned? What is most important to her?

The following interview excerpts supply a few answers...

On appreciating what she has: I get hurt - everybody does - but I'm more at the point where I'm looking at all the good things in my life. I have a healthy family who's alive that I'm blessed to have, and wonderful friends.

Seventeen Cover

On this year's fashion: My least favorite trend of 2009 would have to be broad-shouldered jackets. I'm probably bitter because I can't pull it off! It did look good on certain people, just not me.

On the World Wide Web: I've given up the Internet. I don't read comments, and I don't go on any of the sites anymore, and I just feel better. And it's not about being a celebrity — you get on MySpace, Facebook, there's all these different outlets where people can just feel like nobody's watching them so they can just say whatever they want to say.

On posing for covers: I never dreamed about being on magazine covers. I always dreamed that I would get to do what I loved - this was just a bonus!

It's hard not to adore Gomez. She's young, talented and seems to have a regular head on her shoulders. We wish her nothing but a lifetime of success.

Selena in SeventeenProm Bound