Exclusive: LaLa Vazquez Speaks on Reality Show, LeBron's Decision and More!

LaLa Vazquez has come a long way since her days as a MTV VJ.VJ. She's now happily married to NBA star Carmelo Anthony and will soon be starring on a reality show. Vasquez spoke to THG this week about the series, another famous basketball player and more. Excerpts from the interview are below:
LaLa
Tell us about your reality show.
It premieres December 19 on VH1. It’s following me on my journey before I get married. You get to see what any woman goes through before a wedding, whether it's self-esteem issues or trying to lose weight, or do I really want to do it. And then actually planning with me and my friends, who happen to be celebrities like Tyrese, Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Kelly Rowland, Ludacris...  going on this journey with me and offering me advice and taking me through it. Kelly and Kim throw me a bachelorette party, and I go to Ludacris with some concerns and ask him for male perspective. You get to see all of these dynamics while planning this huge, crazy wedding.
Why did you decide to do it?
I have been offered reality show ideas in the past and I thought this one was a good idea because I was getting ready for the biggest time of my life. I thought it was something people would enjoy seeing: a wedding and people in good spirits. It was about giving people an inside peek of my life and everything that I was doing because a lot of people know me from my MTV days and being a host, but they don’t know me as a person and how I am and what I do on a day-to-day basis.
What are some of your favorite reality shows?
I love the Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Kim is one of my best friends. I’m a big fan of The TO Show, too.
What are your thoughts on LeBron James going to Miami?
[Laughs] I think that he made a choice based on what he thought was right for himself and his family. When people make those kind of decisions you can’t knock him, everybody has their reasons. It will make for exciting basketball, him and Dwayne Wade and Chris Brosh on the same team. I think this year is going to be a very interesting year in the NBA for players and us fans that will be tuned in.
What else are you up to right now?
I’m working on a film with Brett Ratner called Personal Jesus. I’m producing it with him. I have a movie coming out in about two months with 50 cent and Val Kilmer called The Gun.